Evaluate your symptoms, organize your thoughts, and prepare for your official assessment.Learn more
1. What made you decide to have your diagnosis?
My friend told me she thought I may have ADHD. I was offended to start with. Then I found out about the female presentation and realized she was probably right. (Which she was).
2. What do you do for a living?
Disability Support Worker
3. What is your ADHD presentation?
4. How were your school years?
Yes. Homework and study was so hard unless it was a subject I liked, then it was easy.
Take our fun online quiz to visualize your ADHD traits and learn more about your brain!TAKE THE FREE TEST
5. Looking back, what was an obvious ADHD trait in your childhood?
Losing all my things. School uniforms, I spent a lot of time in lost property. Losing notes for excursions etc.
6. Was it difficult to get a diagnosis?
It took me years to book a doctors appointment, I kept putting it off. I felt I'd lived with it for so long that it didn't matter
7. How did you prepare yourself for your diagnosis?
I honestly didn't.
✨ If you are wondering too if you have ADHD, check out my ADHD Self Assessment Workbook ✨
8. How did you feel right after getting your diagnosis?
Happy. I could finally stopped hating myself for all the things that were actually adhd traits and not just me being useless.
9. How do you feel about it now?
10. Do you think you "look like" the ADHD stereotype?
I look like the female type. Not at all like the stereotypical male type.
11. What are you struggling with because of your ADHD brain?
12. What are your ADHD strengths ?
Creative. Problem solving. Good at video games.
13. Did your ADHD diagnosis help you?
Yes yes yes. I understand myself so much more I can be more accepting of myself. It's great for my relationships too.
14. Do you feel your life could have gone the other way if you'd been diagnosed earlier?
I feel I would have been less depressed and not have so much anxiety.
15. What was your family/friends' reaction to your diagnosis?
They all thought it made sense. Explained a lot.
16. Do you have any comorbid disorders or neurological conditions?
17. Do you deal with anxiety?
18. Did people around you make you doubt yourself during your diagnosis journey?
19. Do you ever doubt your diagnosis now?
20. How has the diagnosis changed the way you live?
I love myself. I understand myself and I listen to my body and feelings. I feel validation.
21. How do you feel about medication?
I'm on non stimulant medication and its not working.
22. What was the thing that helped you most in your daily life?
23. What advice would you give someone who is wondering if they have ADHD?
Read widely. Watch videos and listen to podcasts. If you still think you have it, you probably do so go see a doctor. If you can't afford to then look into tips for improving ADHD.
💕 Would you like to share your ADHD Story too ? Apply now by completing this form 💕