Evaluate your symptoms, organize your thoughts, and prepare for your official assessment.Learn more
1. What made you decide to have your diagnosis?
I was misdiagnosed 6 years ago with bipolar type 2, I was even taking serious medication to treat my symptoms, bipolar does not run in my family and I knew it wasn’t correct, My father sister and nan all have Adhd symptoms and have never been diagnosed, I was assessed again about two years ago no it really explains a lot
2. What do you do for a living?
3. What is your ADHD presentation?
4. How were your school years?
I struggled l through school forgetting or losing my homework,leaving projects and assessments to the last minutes , rushed through tests couldn’t figure out a way to properly study, was tested for special EDUCATION in 4th grade.
Take our fun online quiz to visualize your ADHD traits and learn more about your brain!TAKE THE FREE TEST
5. Looking back, what was an obvious ADHD trait in your childhood?
My schooling and overly talking
6. Was it difficult to get a diagnosis?
Yes it was difficult being misdiagnosed for years as bipolar then finally discovering my real diagnosis after many hours and months of researching ,reading and investigation done by myself made me aware that I needed to be assessed again
7. How did you prepare yourself for your diagnosis?
I didn’t need to prepare
✨ If you are wondering too if you have ADHD, check out my Free ADHD Test✨
8. How did you feel right after getting your diagnosis?
I was relieved happy and wanted to say out loud “I told you so”!
9. How do you feel about it now?
I’m not ashamed, I openly discuss my ADHD
10. Do you think you "look like" the ADHD stereotype?
No I don’t ,
11. What are you struggling with because of your ADHD brain?
Over stimulation to light and noise, too much excitement or socializing really exhaust’s me, grocery shopping is hard unless I have someone with me to help me make decisions, my house is either a mess or completely spotless,if it bores me I lose concentration, body focused repetitive issues (skin picking) I find it hard to relax, constantly tapping or rocking my feet and legs and I the point that my ankles hurt.my mind never stops
12. What are your ADHD strengths ?
Compassion, perfectionism when it comes to certain tasks,Problem Solving, multitasking, sense of humor, laser focus
13. Did your ADHD diagnosis help you?
Yes it was the best thing ever , it makes me understand why I am the way I am
14. Do you feel your life could have gone the other way if you'd been diagnosed earlier?
Yes , I wish I had been diagnosed earlier, it would have prevented a lot of heart ache and stress over the years , my mental health wouldn’t have struggled so badly
15. What was your family/friends' reaction to your diagnosis?
That makes sense
16. Do you have any comorbid disorders or neurological conditions?
Severe anxiety,ocd,Body focused repetitive disorder
17. Do you deal with anxiety?
My anxiety is still really overwhelming for me , and puts me in a negative mindset
18. Did people around you make you doubt yourself during your diagnosis journey?
19. Do you ever doubt your diagnosis now?
20. How has the diagnosis changed the way you live?
It’s improved my marriage, how u deal with certain things and decision making
21. How do you feel about medication?
22. What was the thing that helped you most in your daily life?
Being able to talk to my loved ones about my struggles
23. What advice would you give someone who is wondering if they have ADHD?
Ty oh have nothing to lose by getting assessed
💕 Would you like to share your ADHD Story too ? Apply now by completing this form 💕