Evaluate your symptoms, organize your thoughts, and prepare for your official assessment.Learn more
1. What made you decide to have your diagnosis?
My psychiatrist diagnosed me, I had many doubts but with his guidance I felt relieved to have a diagnosis and to see that I was not "a bad person"
2. What do you do for a living?
3. What is your ADHD presentation?
4. How were your school years?
I was quite controlled with schedules, alarms and applications to be organized. However, I was always very restless and distracted, for which they constantly scolded me.
Take our fun online quiz to visualize your ADHD traits and learn more about your brain!TAKE THE FREE TEST
5. Looking back, what was an obvious ADHD trait in your childhood?
My hyperactivity and impulsivity
6. Was it difficult to get a diagnosis?
I never would have imagined having ADHD because I viewed people with ADHD in a very stereotypical way, my psychiatrist informed me and I feel better now with my diagnosis
7. How did you prepare yourself for your diagnosis?
I request information about ADHD and I completed tests given by my psychiatrist
✨ If you are wondering too if you have ADHD, check out my Free ADHD Test✨
8. How did you feel right after getting your diagnosis?
I felt relieved, I thought that I was a bad person and that I was "broken", seeing that it was not so relieved me a lot
9. How do you feel about it now?
I feel calm, although I am worried about the high cost of methylphenidate in my country
10. Do you think you "look like" the ADHD stereotype?
No, from an outside view no. But from within, yes, and I think, how did I not realize it before?
11. What are you struggling with because of your ADHD brain?
I have difficulty maintaining interpersonal relationships
12. What are your ADHD strengths ?
my hyper concentration
13. Did your ADHD diagnosis help you?
14. Do you feel your life could have gone the other way if you'd been diagnosed earlier?
15. What was your family/friends' reaction to your diagnosis?
They couldn't believe my diagnosis because I've always been "smart and good at school"
16. Do you have any comorbid disorders or neurological conditions?
I have major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder
17. Do you deal with anxiety?
18. Did people around you make you doubt yourself during your diagnosis journey?
19. Do you ever doubt your diagnosis now?
No, I'm sure I'm an ADHD girl
20. How has the diagnosis changed the way you live?
I am more patient with myself
21. How do you feel about medication?
Something sad because it is expensive in my country and its access is a privilege
22. What was the thing that helped you most in your daily life?
Apps and alarms
23. What advice would you give someone who is wondering if they have ADHD?
I would recommend free places where they can access a professional to confirm the diagnosis
💕 Would you like to share your ADHD Story too ? Apply now by completing this form 💕