Evaluate your symptoms, organize your thoughts, and prepare for your official assessment.Learn more
1. What made you decide to have your diagnosis?
I had no idea that I could've had ADHD, I went to a psychiatrist because of my depression and she was the one who diagnosed my little brother with autism, if he hadn't been diagnosed maybe I wouldn't have either
2. What do you do for a living?
I am a university student
3. What is your ADHD presentation?
4. How were your school years?
I had a lot of difficulty concentrating in class and with homework, one simple assignment would take me hours to complete because everything around me was more interesting than whatever the homework was
Take our fun online quiz to visualize your ADHD traits and learn more about your brain!TAKE THE FREE TEST
5. Looking back, what was an obvious ADHD trait in your childhood?
The constant distractions in class, constantly chatting with my classmates and my difficulty to socialize.
6. Was it difficult to get a diagnosis?
No, It was a surprise actually...
7. How did you prepare yourself for your diagnosis?
I was expecting to be diagnosed with OCD, and my research was other people's experiences
✨ If you are wondering too if you have ADHD, check out my ADHD Self Assessment Workbook ✨
8. How did you feel right after getting your diagnosis?
I felt confused and kinda lost, my psychiatrist only explained the basics and those basics were basically symptoms often found in boys, she didn't told me about the subtypes either
9. How do you feel about it now?
Pretty good! I am not confused anymore, my diagnosis and further research has explained so much about me!
10. Do you think you "look like" the ADHD stereotype?
11. What are you struggling with because of your ADHD brain?
Executive dysfunction, difficulty to concentrate on one task at the time, time management, impulsivity.
12. What are your ADHD strengths ?
I am a pretty good problem solver (unless I am overwhelmed) I noticed that I often think outside the box and my 1001 interests make me a better person.
13. Did your ADHD diagnosis help you?
Yes! If I hadn't been diagnosed, I would be so confused and guilty about most of my life.
14. Do you feel your life could have gone the other way if you'd been diagnosed earlier?
Definitely! If I had been diagnosed when I was a kid and gotten the proper help, life would have been much easier in a lot of aspects.
15. What was your family/friends' reaction to your diagnosis?
Mostly understanding and supporting, although they sometimes forgot about it or didn't understand the whole implications of having ADHD.
16. Do you have any comorbid disorders or neurological conditions?
I am diagnosed with depression and still have huge suspects that I may have OCD.
17. Do you deal with anxiety?
Yes, I am in the process of learning how to deal with anxiety in the most healthy way, stimming and breathing help but I also break down crying...
18. Did people around you make you doubt yourself during your diagnosis journey?
Yes, but not directly, everyone around me didn't have a clue about mental disorders so anyone's problems were seen as personal weakness.
19. Do you ever doubt your diagnosis now?
At the begging yes, I felt like maybe it was just me and not ADHD, now I have more understanding about it and even if I feel like that I know is just ny mind playing tricks on me, because I definitely have ADHD haha
20. How has the diagnosis changed the way you live?
I am more patient with myself and also started to ask for the same patience from the people around me, I don't carry more weight than what I can handle because I know that's dangerous for my mental health.
21. How do you feel about medication?
I am not medicated right because of financial difficulties but medication helps a lot!
22. What was the thing that helped you most in your daily life?
My mother's patience.
23. What advice would you give someone who is wondering if they have ADHD?
Keep doing you own research and try to get a diagnosis as soon as you can, you are definitely not alone in this journey.
💕 Would you like to share your ADHD Story too ? Apply now by completing this form 💕