Evaluate your symptoms, organize your thoughts, and prepare for your official assessment.Learn more
1. What made you decide to have your diagnosis?
I was struggling with my mental health and my partner pointed out i have a lot of symptoms of ADHD. I wanted a diagnosis so i could stop seconding guessing why i am the way i am
2. What do you do for a living?
3. What is your ADHD presentation?
4. How were your school years?
School was fine, I went to a small school and could ask the teachers lots of questions so it was good. University was really hard because I was actually really bad at learning on my own
Take our fun online quiz to visualize your ADHD traits and learn more about your brain!TAKE THE FREE TEST
5. Looking back, what was an obvious ADHD trait in your childhood?
Getting lots of energy late at night hard to turn my brain off. I was a little spacey. I would get hyperfocused on video games.
6. Was it difficult to get a diagnosis?
I talked to my gp then got referred to someone who can do a diagnosis. It took in total maybe 3 months. And this was the free route.
7. How did you prepare yourself for your diagnosis?
I was talking about it lots with my fiance and looking up ways people handle their ADHD.
✨ If you are wondering too if you have ADHD, check out my Free ADHD Test✨
8. How did you feel right after getting your diagnosis?
I was scared of taking the meds a little. I felt a little bit like something was wrong with me even though it's what I was looking for.
9. How do you feel about it now?
Good. I think learning about yourself is a life long process and i can always appreciate new ways to understanding myself better
10. Do you think you "look like" the ADHD stereotype?
Maybe in some scenarios. When I'm doing well mentally it's really easy to manage my symptoms. Otherwise yes, i fit stereotypes like missing details
11. What are you struggling with because of your ADHD brain?
Low self esteem. Hard to stay organized. Hard to be excited about a boring job.
12. What are your ADHD strengths ?
I can really dive into topics that i want to learn about and become well versed in a short amount of time. I think it's also easier to relate to people and their various struggles. Maybe my ADHD helps me keep and open mind in some ways
13. Did your ADHD diagnosis help you?
Honestly I'm not sure. I have meds now which do help but I'm hoping to stop them when im in a better place mentally.
14. Do you feel your life could have gone the other way if you'd been diagnosed earlier?
I think my life might have turned out differently if i was able to get diagnosed before university because that part of my life was really hard and i could have learned better if i was diagnosed.
15. What was your family/friends' reaction to your diagnosis?
My mom told me to forget about it hahaha. My dad said that it's ok to be a little different and that it's not a big problem which was nice.
16. Do you have any comorbid disorders or neurological conditions?
Maybe some depression I'm not diagnosed though.
17. Do you deal with anxiety?
I just stay a little quieter. I think the ADHD meds actually help with that a bit though
18. Did people around you make you doubt yourself during your diagnosis journey?
No, my fiance was very supportive
19. Do you ever doubt your diagnosis now?
A little bit yes. A part of me wonders if I'm just depressed since there are some overlapping symptoms with ADHD i.e cleanliness, not being organized, poor sleep
20. How has the diagnosis changed the way you live?
Meds make it easier to focus at work. Initially it also helped me be in a better state of mind. I noticed i was able to actually be present and enjoy a moment here and there. Otherwise i just make jokes about having ADHD now haha
21. How do you feel about medication?
I know stimulants like Adderall are not available in places like the e.u so it kind of spooks me A bit. I'm worried about being dependent on it. I didn't take it for a weekend after 3 weeks and i had headaches. Could have been because of poor sleep though
22. What was the thing that helped you most in your daily life?
Probably meds for now. I know habit changes need to happen though and I'm working on that
23. What advice would you give someone who is wondering if they have ADHD?
Talk to your doctor. I think they can guide you. Like i said in a previous answer ADHD symptoms can overlap with other mental health issues
💕 Would you like to share your ADHD Story too ? Apply now by completing this form 💕