Evaluate your symptoms, organize your thoughts, and prepare for your official assessment.Learn more
1. What made you decide to have your diagnosis?
It was my boyfriend who started to think that I might have ADHD because I get distracted so easily and hard for me to remove sounds happening in the background. After research I decided to check it out.
2. What do you do for a living?
3. What is your ADHD presentation?
4. How were your school years?
Studying got harder and harder when school got harder and more responsibilities. I have hard time focusing, get easily distracted and hard to sit still for long. Many times I faked studying at school and did it all at home plus homework.
Take our fun online quiz to visualize your ADHD traits and learn more about your brain!TAKE THE FREE TEST
5. Looking back, what was an obvious ADHD trait in your childhood?
I was a very wild kid. My mom always say I was a monkey
6. Was it difficult to get a diagnosis?
I think the not knowing if I have it or not was the hardest part. Like inside it felt like I had it but what if the things I say isn't ADHD.
7. How did you prepare yourself for your diagnosis?
I just said to myself, no matter what it was worth it. If I don't have ADHD then I know and can try to get other help and if I do have ADHD then I know and can get help for my ADHD and also finally know what's "wrong with me"
✨ If you are wondering too if you have ADHD, check out my Free ADHD Test✨
8. How did you feel right after getting your diagnosis?
I felt relieved like I now I finally know why I had and have all these problems and difficulties. They explained really well and also gave me alternatives how to move forward
9. How do you feel about it now?
It depends. Some days I'm still relieved and happy and other days I'm just very frustrated, angry and sad that I have it
10. Do you think you "look like" the ADHD stereotype?
No, I don't. Well I don't think so.
11. What are you struggling with because of your ADHD brain?
A lot of overthrowing, so many thoughts, forgetful, hyperfocus, procrastinating, frustration, mood swings, hard to concentrate, easily distracted etc. I also get extreme anxiety.
12. What are your ADHD strengths ?
I believe hyperfocus when I need it and want to, creative, lots of ideas, learn new things etc.
13. Did your ADHD diagnosis help you?
Yes it did.
14. Do you feel your life could have gone the other way if you'd been diagnosed earlier?
Maybe, maybe not. It depends but I think it would've helped
15. What was your family/friends' reaction to your diagnosis?
Well my mom didn't think I had ADHD but all my family and friends was very supportive and still are.
16. Do you have any comorbid disorders or neurological conditions?
I gave anxiety (GAD) and during some periods I have depression. I also have social phobia.
17. Do you deal with anxiety?
I try to but it's hard. I can't really deal with my anxiety alone but I take medicine for my anxiety. I usually want someone to help me when I have anxiety
18. Did people around you make you doubt yourself during your diagnosis journey?
Only my mom who didn't think I had it
19. Do you ever doubt your diagnosis now?
No I don't. It's very accurate
20. How has the diagnosis changed the way you live?
Not much, more than now I know and can think differently rather than just guessing
21. How do you feel about medication?
Medication is fine by my. I don't have any problem with it
22. What was the thing that helped you most in your daily life?
Having reminders that gives me notifications on the phone and also planning everything. Routine is important to me
23. What advice would you give someone who is wondering if they have ADHD?
I would say search and read about it or watch videos. That helped me a lot when I was wondering and also talk with someone who knows about ADHD
💕 Would you like to share your ADHD Story too ? Apply now by completing this form 💕