Evaluate your symptoms, organize your thoughts, and prepare for your official assessment.Learn more
1. What made you decide to have your diagnosis?
Finally acceptance. I have a brother with advance TEA so I didn't want to admit that I am not neurotypical either. But I knew that I needed help. Also studying psychology helped a lot
2. What do you do for a living?
I work in HR at the same time I study Psychology and English Teaching
3. What is your ADHD presentation?
4. How were your school years?
Actually no. I love studying and learn new things make me feel great. Actually I think that I've studied many things in my life: English, Spanish, French, singing, dancing, play guitar, play violin, photography, etc.
Take our fun online quiz to visualize your ADHD traits and learn more about your brain!TAKE THE FREE TEST
5. Looking back, what was an obvious ADHD trait in your childhood?
I've always been soo talkative. My family always joked saying I was so talkative specifically when I eat pizza (based on their opinion of course) and it was so hard for me to make friends.
6. Was it difficult to get a diagnosis?
I haven't get a diagnosis yet but I am working on that, the focus of attention has been always my brother due to his Autism Spectrum Disorder so I didn't have a lot of attention also until now that I can pay my own treatment and my symptoms became to strong for me to handle them by my own
7. How did you prepare yourself for your diagnosis?
The Mini ADHD Coach website was a lifesaver for me and it made me feel ready to begin my self-exploration
✨ If you are wondering too if you have ADHD, check out my Free ADHD Test✨
8. How did you feel right after getting your diagnosis?
I am 99,99% secure that I have ADHD with anxiety and it was a nightmare to feel this way without having a real reason why. Now, I feel so much better and I feel very proud of myself for my resilence.
9. How do you feel about it now?
Words are not enough to explain it
10. Do you think you "look like" the ADHD stereotype?
Mmmm probably but at the same time no. For the other people I am very motivated to achieve my goals but in some cases there was a lot of things that were excessive in relation with my energy
11. What are you struggling with because of your ADHD brain?
My emotional dysfunctionality, mental and physical hyperactivity and I always forget a lot of things
12. What are your ADHD strengths ?
My creativity and energy
13. Did your ADHD diagnosis help you?
Definitely, I didn't change who I am but it helped me to understand myself better
14. Do you feel your life could have gone the other way if you'd been diagnosed earlier?
Definitely. A lot of things may be so different
15. What was your family/friends' reaction to your diagnosis?
For my mom it wasn't a surprise, my boyfriend didn't believe me
16. Do you have any comorbid disorders or neurological conditions?
Anxiety and depression
17. Do you deal with anxiety?
Yes, I deal with Generalized anxiety. Sometimes I have physical symptoms and panic attacks. The meditation and medication always help
18. Did people around you make you doubt yourself during your diagnosis journey?
A lot, I always thought there was something broken or damaged with me
19. Do you ever doubt your diagnosis now?
No, I am sure about my ADHD
20. How has the diagnosis changed the way you live?
It took a big Weight over my shoulders
21. How do you feel about medication?
I didn't like it, but I Realized that it is very useful and necessary
22. What was the thing that helped you most in your daily life?
My self steem
23. What advice would you give someone who is wondering if they have ADHD?
Don't but a tag in who you are with or without ADHD. You are unique and you deserve to learn more about yourself. It is the biggest proof of your self love
💕 Would you like to share your ADHD Story too ? Apply now by completing this form 💕